Last update: 13 Mar 2017
The Survey Map Review Committee and its responsibilities have been consolidated into the Ethics and Standards of Practice Committee.
- Review complaints, consult with WSLS Board, and where warranted file a complaint with the DSPS
- Monitor and report to WSLS Board on ongoing matters related to Ethics and Standards
- Designate a committee member to attend and monitor all Registration Board meetings and report results to the WSLS Board
- Monitor A-E 7 for changes and communicates any changes and interpretations to the Board and membership.
- Prepare a best practice guidebook detailing interpretations of A-E 7 and other issues raised during reviews.
- Respond to questions and standards questions from the membership and public bodies who review and file surveys.
- Recommends changes and updates to the “Types of Surveys” and Find a Surveyor” sections of the WSLS Website.
- Provide a series of A-E 7 checklists for surveyors to use as guides for preparing A-E 7 survey documents.
Upon request, the Committee wil review a survey map or survey document for A-E 7 compliance and document its findings.
Wisconsin Society of Land Surveyors
Francis Thousand, Executive Director
5113 Spaanem Ave
Madison, WI 53716