Updated: March 22th.2018
MADISON AREA SURVEYORS COUNCIL
AFFILIATED WITH THE WISCONSIN SOCIETY OF LAND SURVEYORS
President: Alysen Tierney
Vice President: Todd Buhr
Secretary/Treasurer: John Thousand
WSLS Rep: Julius Smith
Past President: Adam Schleicher
Bob O'Neill Web Page
MASC Meeting Tonight 5/15/18!
Fitchburg Community Center
6pm 5510 Lacy Rd.
March 14, 2018 Meeting Minutes
ATTENDANCE: Alysen Tierney, Todd Buhr, Julius Smith, Glen Schaefer, John Krebs, John Hohol, Dan Birrenkott, Chris Badtke, Greg Larson, Jeff Garde, Kristin Belongia, Jamey Reid, Steve Grady, Terry Genske, Bob O’Neill, Jim Morrow, Frank Thousand, Don Paulson, John Kannard, Ben Flitcroft and two guest speakers Andy Erdman and Staci Hoffman.
There were 22 total in attendance: 2-Speakers, 12-Paid Members, 0-students and 10-Non-Members
The MASC met on Wed. March 14, 2018 5:30 pm at Neighbors Bar & Grill, Jefferson,WI
MEETING AGENDA AND NOTES
- 5:30-6:40 Social and Meal
- 6:40-7:50 Program
- 7:50-8:55 Meeting
- Additions to Agenda: none
- Jefferson County records program: 3x3 recording space requirement, no electronic recording of CSMs has occurred to date, encouraged to be the 1st, (tif) vs. (pdf) preference due to scalability, PLS to signup with a vendor, vendor list from ROD,
- WSLS Board report from Julius: NSPS Dues increase by $10: Dan B. made motion to support, Jim M. 2nd, motion passed
- Young Surveyor network report from Alysen
- National Surveyors Week: John Hohol
- 2019 Summer Meeting: a committee meeting was held in February, ideas from that meeting were discussed and a plan to schedule another committee meeting was made
Minutes of Previous Meeting: No January minutes were presented or approved. There was no February meeting held
- Wednesday April 11– Roadside Grill, Windsor (By-Law and Chapter function discussion)
- Tuesday May 15 – Sun Prairie
- Wednesday June TBD (Joint Meeting with SW Chapter)
- Tuesday July 10 – TBD (Summer Picnic)
- Friday-Saturday August 3-4 - WSLS Summer Meeting Milwaukee
- Wednesday August – None
- Tuesday September 11 – TBD
- Wednesday October 17 – TBD
- Tuesday November 13 – TBD
- Wednesday December 12 - TBD
Adjourn Motion was made and passed at 8:50 PM
MASC The Year 2017 in review
MASC Banquet and Annual Meeting
Tuesday January 9th, 2018
Vintage Brewing Co.
674 S. Whitney Way
Madison WI 53711
° Report by Bob Welsh WSLS Lobbyist
- Legislative Review of 2017
- 2018- State to review all professional licenses for need.
- 2018 Review of A-E 7
° State of the County Address, County Surveyor Dan Frick.
- 6 Townships opted out of Dane county Zoning
- Next batch of section corners to be bid out for re-monumentation project
- CSM’s up 9% Plats up 33%
° Election of Chapter Representative to WSLS
- Julius Smith
° Friends of Wisconsin Surveyors Social hour
- $75 in donations.
° MASC scholarship presented by President Alysen Tierney
- Alex Mayou won a $750 MASC scholarship
° Seiler / WSLS scholarship
- Alex Mayou center won a $1000 Seiler / WSLS scholarship
- Terry Lueschow from Seiler and Dan Birrenkott WSLS Foundation presented the scholarship.
° Bucky’s Challenge
- MASC to sponsor a Team $250.
° MASC Donation to WSLS Foundation.
- MASC to donate $500 to the WSLS Foundation.
° MASC forms a planning committee for WSLS Summer Meeting 2019
- Bob O’Neill, Alysen Tierney, Todd Buhr, Adam Schleicher, Adam Giles, Holly Urbain, Alex Mayou & Dan Birrenkott.
° Future Programs
- Wednesday, February 14th – Canceled Because of proximity to institute.
- Tuesday, March 13th – Jefferson County location details to follow.
- Wednesday, April 11th -TBD
Meeting Wednesday December 13th, 2017
5100 Eastpark Blvd.
Program; Russ Nicloy & Chris Wilkes of MasterGraphics
Scanning point clouds and manipulating them in Autodesk Civil 3D.
Demonstration of the newest tools for line work extraction.
Attendance; Bob O’Neill, John Thousand, Alysen Tierney, Todd Buhr, Adam Schleicher, Rodney Key, John Krebs, Devon Vander Hevvel, Holly Urbain, Francis Thousand, Dan Frick, Russ Nicloy & Chris Wilkes.
°New Voting and Nomination Procedures Discussed
- MASC donated $100 for Tee Shirts
°MASC Scholarship Committee
- The winner of the MASC $750 Scholarship is Alex Mayou
- The scholarship will be presented at the January 9th Banquet.
°2019 Summer Meeting hosted by MASC
- Planning Committee formed
to WSLS Board Year of 2017
°Paul Soglin Mayor of Madison @ Madison College
°Program; Gus Vander Wegen & Julie Johnson
- Public Speaking, getting your message across.
- Gus and Julie are members of the Toastmasters club.
°Plating & annexation procedures.
- Renee Powers; Plat Review
- Don Sime Plat; Review
- Eric Schmidtke; Annexations
°Program; Dan Frick County Surveyor
°Program 2017 Picnic
- Holly Urbain and Terry Lueschow - Seiler, Bob Kilburn - Leica, Cliff De Temple – Turning Point.
°MASC & Southwest Chapter Joint Meeting
°Program; Jeff Quamme & Eric Pederson, Madison Engineering mapping Division