Updated: March 8th.2018
MADISON AREA SURVEYORS COUNCIL
AFFILIATED WITH THE WISCONSIN SOCIETY OF LAND SURVEYORS
President: Alysen Tierney
Vice President: Todd Buhr
Secretary/Treasurer: John Thousand
WSLS Rep: Julius Smith
Past President: Adam Schleicher
Bob O'Neill Web Page
MASC Meeting Wednesday March 14th @ 5:30
Email your meal choice by Friday March 9th at Noon.
Dinner Cost: Per meal is $12.00 (optional)
Dinner Choices: Email your meal choice by Friday March 9th at noon.
- Classic Caesar Salad - Entree Size
- BBQ Chicken Wings (order of 6 or 12)
- Grilled Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich
- Shaved Angus Prime Rib Sandwich
- Cubano Sandwich
*all selections served with french fries
Click on Agenda below
5:30 pm Member Social
6:00 pm Dinner - I hear the food is awesome!
6:15 pm Presentation - Stacy Hoffman and Andy Erdman Jefferson county register of Deeds.
Neighbor's Grill and Pizza
216 Golf Drive
Jefferson WI 53549
Wednesday April 11th- TBD
Joint meeting with SW chapter date-TBD
Tuesday July 10th Summer Picnic
To WSLS Board
MASC Banquet and Annual Meeting
Tuesday January 9th, 2018
Vintage Brewing Co.
674 S. Whitney Way
Madison WI 53711
° Report by Bob Welsh WSLS Lobbyist
- Legislative Review of 2017
- 2018- State to review all professional licenses for need.
- 2018 Review of A-E 7
° State of the County Address, County Surveyor Dan Frick.
- 6 Townships opted out of Dane county Zoning
- Next batch of section corners to be bid out for re-monumentation project
- CSM’s up 9% Plats up 33%
° Election of Chapter Representative to WSLS
- Julius Smith
° Friends of Wisconsin Surveyors Social hour
- $75 in donations.
° MASC scholarship presented by President Alysen Tierney
- Alex Mayou won a $750 MASC scholarship
° Seiler / WSLS scholarship
- Alex Mayou center won a $1000 Seiler / WSLS scholarship
- Terry Lueschow from Seiler and Dan Birrenkott WSLS Foundation presented the scholarship.
° Bucky’s Challenge
- MASC to sponsor a Team $250.
° MASC Donation to WSLS Foundation.
- MASC to donate $500 to the WSLS Foundation.
° MASC forms a planning committee for WSLS Summer Meeting 2019
- Bob O’Neill, Alysen Tierney, Todd Buhr, Adam Schleicher, Adam Giles, Holly Urbain, Alex Mayou & Dan Birrenkott.
° Future Programs
- Wednesday, February 14th – Canceled Because of proximity to institute.
- Tuesday, March 13th – Jefferson County location details to follow.
- Wednesday, April 11th -TBD
Meeting Wednesday December 13th, 2017
5100 Eastpark Blvd.
Program; Russ Nicloy & Chris Wilkes of MasterGraphics
Scanning point clouds and manipulating them in Autodesk Civil 3D.
Demonstration of the newest tools for line work extraction.
Attendance; Bob O’Neill, John Thousand, Alysen Tierney, Todd Buhr, Adam Schleicher, Rodney Key, John Krebs, Devon Vander Hevvel, Holly Urbain, Francis Thousand, Dan Frick, Russ Nicloy & Chris Wilkes.
°New Voting and Nomination Procedures Discussed
- MASC donated $100 for Tee Shirts
°MASC Scholarship Committee
- The winner of the MASC $750 Scholarship is Alex Mayou
- The scholarship will be presented at the January 9th Banquet.
°2019 Summer Meeting hosted by MASC
- Planning Committee formed
to WSLS Board Year of 2017
°Paul Soglin Mayor of Madison @ Madison College
°Program; Gus Vander Wegen & Julie Johnson
- Public Speaking, getting your message across.
- Gus and Julie are members of the Toastmasters club.
°Plating & annexation procedures.
- Renee Powers; Plat Review
- Don Sime Plat; Review
- Eric Schmidtke; Annexations
°Program; Dan Frick County Surveyor
°Program 2017 Picnic
- Holly Urbain and Terry Lueschow - Seiler, Bob Kilburn - Leica, Cliff De Temple – Turning Point.
°MASC & Southwest Chapter Joint Meeting
°Program; Jeff Quamme & Eric Pederson, Madison Engineering mapping Division