Updated: July 12 2017
MADISON AREA SURVEYORS COUNCIL
AFFILIATED WITH THE WISCONSIN SOCIETY OF LAND SURVEYORS
President: Alysen Kohlnhofer
Vice President: Todd Buhr
Secretary/Treasurer: John Thousand
WSLS Rep: Bob O'Neill
Past President: Adam Schleicher
Bob O'Neill MASC Representaive to WSLS
Meeting Tuesday July 11, 2017
Indian Lake County Park
8313 WI Hwy #19
Attendance; John Thousand, Alex Schaefer, Frank Thousand, Alysen Tierney, Bob O’Neill, Todd Buhr, Bob Kilburn, Zack Reynolds, Julius Smith, John Krebs, Terry Lueschow, Rod Key, Holly Urbain.
Cliff De Temple of Turning Point, Special Thanks from MASC,
Cliff brought the grill and the grilling expertise.
º Meeting Topic new survey equipment
- Holly Urbain and Terry Lueschow - Seiler, Bob Kilburn - Leica, Cliff De Temple – Turning Point.
August 9th Wednesday :Canceled due to proximity to summer meeting
September 12th Tuesday : Speaker to be determined
October 11th Wednesday : Scholarships Meeting at Madison College aka MATC
Meeting Thursday June 22, 2017
MASC & Southwest Chapter Joint Meeting
Main Street Lanes
1721 Main Street
Cross Plaines WI
Program; WSLS Update
Attendance; Mick Heberlien, James Baker, Frank Thousand, Alysen Tierney, Bob O’Neill, Todd Buhr, Bob Kilburn, Zack Reynolds, Julius Smith, John Krebs, Jim Barmore, Bruce Bowden, Larry Miller, Dan Birrenkott, Peter Lewis, Tom Grenlie.
President Larry Miller talked about his president’s term and recent WSLS topics
º General topics discussed:
- Electronic Voting this year for WSLS officers.
- Chapter officers should nominated candidates by the summer meeting.
- Five signatures required for nominations & the Nominee consents to running.
- WSLS supported County Surveyors proposed changes to 59.45
- Progress on 45°- 90° monument project.
- Summer Meeting in Green Bay
- WSLS recommended Bill Anderson for the State Examining Board
º Southwest chapter Point of beginning project.
- Historical marker 172 Point of beginning along Highway #81 Hazel Green WI.
- Southwest Chapter is looking at a budget for updating the Historical marker
- Placement of an offset Burnsen monument at the wayside to the POB
- POB Key Chains are for sale as a fund raiser from the WSLS website for $35