Updated: June 23 2017
MADISON AREA SURVEYORS COUNCIL
AFFILIATED WITH THE WISCONSIN SOCIETY OF LAND SURVEYORS
President: Alysen Kohlnhofer
Vice President: Todd Buhr
Secretary/Treasurer: John Thousand
WSLS Rep: Bob O'Neill
Past President: Adam Schleicher
Bob O'Neill MASC Representaive to WSLS
- Tuesday July 11th. – Picnic @ Indian Lake
Meeting Thursday June 22, 2017
MASC & Southwest Chapter Joint Meeting
Main Street Lanes
1721 Main Street
Cross Plaines WI
Program; WSLS Update
Attendance; Mick Heberlien, James Baker, Frank Thousand, Alysen Tierney, Bob O’Neill, Todd Buhr, Bob Kilburn, Zack Reynolds, Julius Smith, John Krebs, Jim Barmore, Bruce Bowden, Larry Miller, Dan Birrenkott, Peter Lewis, Tom Grenlie.
President Larry Miller talked about his president’s term and recent WSLS topics
º General topics discussed:
- Electronic Voting this year for WSLS officers.
- Chapter officers should nominated candidates by the summer meeting.
- Five signatures required for nominations & the Nominee consents to running.
- WSLS supported County Surveyors proposed changes to 59.45
- Progress on 45°- 90° monument project.
- Summer Meeting in Green Bay
- WSLS recommended Bill Anderson for the State Examining Board
º Southwest chapter Point of beginning project.
- Historical marker 172 Point of beginning along Highway #81 Hazel Green WI.
- Southwest Chapter is looking at a budget for updating the Historical marker
- Placement of an offset Burnsen monument at the wayside to the POB
- POB Key Chains are for sale as a fund raiser from the WSLS website for $35
MASC REPORT To WSLS Board
Meeting Tuesday May 9th, 2017
Dane County Surveyors Office
210 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Program; Dan Frick County Surveyor
º New Surveyor Office Research Page
- Dan went over new Features and operation.
º Section Corner Remonumentation Project
- Townships completed
- Verona, Montrose, Oregon, Fitchburg, Dun, Rutland, Cottage Grove, Pleasant Springs & Dunkirk.
- Middleton soon.
- This summer the next batch will go out for Bid. No date set.
º Town Opting out of Dane county Zoning
- Townships that have Opted out
- Springfield, Bristol, Sun Prairie, Berry, Blue mounds & Westport
- Townships will zone themselves or hire a company to manage
- Every three years townships can opt in or out of Dane County Zoning
º Eric Sandsnes Passed Away
- MASC to send Flowers and a Card
º County Surveyors proposed changes to 59.45
- No one at the meeting objected
º Electronic Voting Procedures for WSLS officers
- Chapter officers should be allowed to nominated candidates
- Five signatures required for nominations.
- Nominee consents to running
º Elimination of Surveyor Licensing
- Dan Frick heard a State Bill has been introduced to eliminate some licenses such as Plumbers. Dan asked WSLS to look at Bill and make sure surveyors are not included.
Up and coming Meetings;
July 11th Tuesday 6pm Annual Picnic Indian Lake.
Business Meeting Minutes
Attendance; Bob O’Neill, Todd Buhr, John Thousand, Jeff Quamme, Dan Theiler, John Krebs, Rod Key, Dan Frick & Dan Rodman.
Meeting was brought to order by Acting President Todd Buhr at 6:04pm.
Motions to accept previous minutes as written by Bob O’Neill and Seconded by John Thousand.
Motion was carried.
Items that have to be brought before the WSLS Board.
Chapter in favor of County Surveyors proposed changes to 59.45
Recommendation Electronic Voting Procedures for WSLS officers.
Chapter officers should be allowed to nominated candidates. Five signatures required for nominations & the Nominee consents to running.
Dan Frick heard a State Bill has been introduced to eliminate some licenses such as Plumbers. Chapter to asked WSLS to look at Bill and make sure surveyors are not included.
Eric Sandsnes Professional Surveyor passed away.
MASC members present suggested flowers and a card be sent.
An Executive order was made by Todd Buhr to Secretary John Thousand to send a card and flowers.
Motion to adjourn Dan Krebs Second Rod Key Motion carried meeting Adjourned at 8:40pm.