Hiring a Professional Land Surveyor should be done prior to any division or transfer of property and prior to the design and/or installation of property improvements. A surveyor will:
- Discuss what type of survey you need and how it will be used.
- Collect all the necessary data for the survey, such as: deeds, maps, easements, highway plans, etc.
- Find or set boundary corners and measure between them. Measurements are compared to those in the deeds and maps. Buildings, fences and other pertinent structures may also be located.
- Furnish you with as many copies of the plat as may be required at the time of the survey, all bearing a certificate and seal.
- Serve as an expert witness, on behalf the survey, if testimony is desired by the court.