WSLS offers its members a number of benefits for the price of membership dues. These benefits include:
- Quarterly Publication
- Annual Directory
- Free publications including the Courthouse calendars, Wisconsin Laws and others
- Discounts on Seminars and the Annual Institute
- Discounts on Books including the Wisconsin Laws Relating to the Practice of Land Surveying
- Legal assistance on topics of concern to land surveyors
- Lobby services on issues benefiting or threatening land surveying
- Firm Directory on the internet
- Classified ads on the website
- The knowledge that you are vital to shaping land law and land records in Wisconsin.
- A member of the business network that shapes laws and regulations in Wisconsin.
- A forum for surveyors to resolve difference of opinion.
In-direct benefits that you as a surveyor receive because your fellow practictions and other concerned professionals pay their dues to WSLS:
- Promoting land surveying to high school students - TrigStar program.
- Promoting land surveying to future land surveyors by providing certification for technitions - CST program
- Promoting land surveying to the Public - museum displays and website information
- Promoting land surveying to other associations and the public by having a booth at conferences.
- Providing information on land surveying issues on the website.
No one should simply join a professional organization with the expectation of merely receiving benefits commensurate with dues payments.
The improvement of any profession cannot be achieved without the sacrifice of time, effort and money. Neither can such achievement be accomplished without the frequent exchange of viewpoints and new knowledge through the collective strength of membership. The benefits of membership are directly related to participation of organizational activities.
WSLS provides the stimulus for member participation and the source for instant professional contact and consultation regarding timely land surveying practices and issues.
WSLS has served its objectives since 1952, and will continue to accept newer and greater responsibilities, out of service to its membership and the public.
If you are dedicated to the honorable profession of land surveying you are encouraged to join WSLS today.