: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/630534?source=AyresAssociates&jobFeedCode=AyresAssociatesFinding the right fit:
Our Geospatial team provides a wide variety of survey and mapping services to clients in both private and public sectors, including our own internal projects generated from our multi-disciplined company. These services are supported by a cohesive national team of geospatial professionals including Professional Survey and Mappers, crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers, all bringing consistency and flexible resources to our employees and clients.
We are seeking a survey project manager who is passionate about the survey profession, has a strong technical ability, and has the leadership capabilities to obtain new and repeat work. As a team member of land survey, you will be encouraged to lead and work on a variety of survey functions that allow you to build a team, and your career. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is ready to help expand our land survey presence in Minnesota.
Success will be defined by your ability to handle multiple priorities, represent Ayres professionally through strong communication and relationship-building skills, as well as provide mentorship for the development of staff. Remaining flexible will be key as the job responsibilities will fluctuate with overtime and occasional out-of-town travel expected.
Note: This is a remote position that will not be based in a current office.
On any given day, you'll:
- Develop scopes, cost estimates, and proposals.
- Have direct input on the development of the Minnesota survey team.
- Network and develop relationships with clients and other in your industry.
- Work directly with internal and external clients.
- Support survey technicians through all aspects of the project.
- Perform QA/QC on survey projects.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field.
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in Minnesota or ability to become licensed within 6-months.
- Ability to recognize and embrace new geospatial technologies.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5 -10 years of diverse field/office experience in survey, performing topographic surveys, construction staking, boundary surveys, right-of-way plats, and control surveys.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required
Desired skills and experiences:
- Proven ability to monitor project budgets to a successful outcome, oversee project teams, and meet client expectations, schedule, scope, etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Familiar with MnDOT practices and requirements.
- Ability to take direction from numerous individuals, and channel strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Desire and ability to become a licensed PLS in multiple states outside of Minnesota.
- Ability to conduct effective client presentations.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at