We are currently looking to add a full time entry level Surveyor in our Madison, WI office. This person will complete field and office surveying duties accurately and on time for internal and external clients as well as surveying and construction inspection. We offer project exposure to a variety of municipal, DOT and private projects. You will have the opportunity to learn and be mentored by seasoned surveying professionals.
Who we are & how we help
As a full-service, 100% employee-owned consulting firm, MSA is all about creating communities that thrive. We partner with clients to solve complex and multi-faceted challenges and improve the quality of infrastructure and neighborhoods. Our focus is to provide exceptional service that builds strong communities. Above all, MSA’s purpose is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others.
Our professionals include engineers, architects, environmental scientists, funding experts, urban planners, and surveyors to name a few, and they work together to provide a full suite of professional services to our clients. From bike trails and interstate highways to drinking water and wastewater, we have supported projects from start to finish since the 1930s.
Our core values guide our daily decisions and how we inspire, encourage and support one another.
Honesty & Integrity - We tell the truth, deal fairly with staff and clients, respect our commitments, and behave in an ethical manner.
Commitment to Learning - We support the professional growth of our staff and invest significant resources in ongoing training and technology.
Respect & Care for Employees - We promote employee wellness, personal growth, and provide a safe and respectful work environment.
Openness - We build trust with all employees through an open and informative company culture.
Client Focus - We enjoy our clients, seek to understand their needs, promptly respond to concerns, and help them reach their goals.
We are collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners – we make a difference.
The work you will do
- Gather information for survey, topographical mapping, cross-sections, horizontal and vertical control, location of right of way, and utility locations to be used in preparation of plans and specification
· Assist in the Completion of Boundary/Retracement surveys
- Transfer field data/information into CAD drawings using Survey Software - Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field data, research, filing and preparing maps
- Assist in construction coordination and staking
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in surveying, civil engineering technology, or related degree preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Certified Survey Technician is preferred but not required
- Previous experience with Auto Cad, Civil 3D, or Trimble Business Center is a plus
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons to work at MSA, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Employee ownership – MSA is 100% employee owned! The ESOP model provides employees with ownership benefits and the opportunity to have your voice heard.
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer