Providing Support and Professional Development for Land Surveyors since 1952
Survey Crew Chief - Appleton, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. a leader in land and energy development is searching for a full-time Survey Crew Chief in our Appleton, WI office. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, capable of working autonomously while establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with clients, contractors, and co-workers, have a solid foundation in civil infrastructure construction theory and practice and possess a preferred minimum of three years in this role. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
In this role the Survey Crew Chief will:
· Perform all survey assignments in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
· Effectively manage and train Instrument Operator and/or Rodman.
· Effectively communicate with client, construction personnel, local authorities and the general public as needed.
· Assume responsibility for the safety of the Survey Crew and associated personnel.
· Read, analyze and interpret field work requests, construction drawings and survey maps.
· Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
· Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rural or urban surroundings
· Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances
· An Associate’s Degree in Surveying, Engineering Technology, or related area of study
· Residential or Commercial development and construction projects
· Wind energy, solar energy, or related power generation projects
· Coordinating activities with office personnel, including surveying technicians and engineering staff
· Must be able to operate a robotic total station and GPS in both static and RTK modes
· Must be able to operate a motor vehicle with a valid license and clean driving history
· OSHA 10 and CPR/First Aid or ability and willingness to acquire it
· Must be able perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
· Basic “office suite” computer skills
Westwood Professional Services Inc. (Westwood) was established in 1972 and has since become a leader in many of the markets it serves. Westwood is a full-service, multidiscipline professional engineering firm and serves wind, solar, power delivery, residential and commercial development, and public infrastructure clients and their projects from multiple offices across the U.S.
In 2021, Zweig Group ranked Westwood nationally at # 4 and #21 respectively on its Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work for lists. Zweig also awarded Westwood two national 2nd place awards for Marketing Excellence. Westwood also ranked consistently higher four years in a row on the Engineering News Record (ENR) list as a leading design firm in the country. The firm consistently ranks on industry top 25 lists and receives recognition for its involvement on award-wining projects nationwide.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This position is located at 1 N Systems Drive, Appleton, WI.