MSA has an opportunity for a Surveying Intern in our Rhinelander, WI office location for the summer of 2023. From municipal and transportation projects, to boundary and land development projects, a Surveying Internship for the summer is sure to give you valuable hands on experience. If you are an enthusiastic student, this is the opportunity for you.
Who we are & how we help
As a full service, 100% employee-owned consulting firm, MSA is all about creating communities that thrive. We partner with clients to solve complex and multi-faceted challenges and improve the quality of infrastructure and neighborhoods. Our focus is to provide exceptional service that builds strong communities. Above all, MSA’s purpose is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others.
Our surveying professionals work alongside our architects, environmental scientists, funding experts, urban planners and engineers to provide a full suite of professional services to our clients. From bike trails and interstate highways to drinking water and wastewater, we have supported municipal and private projects from start to finish since the 1930s.
We are collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners-we make a difference.
The work you will do
- Boundary surveying, design surveying, construction observation and staking for municipal projects including utilities and roads
- Crossing inventories for WI DNR and US Forest Service
- Assist crew chief with project tasks including: collecting site information, measuring features, staking points, and establishing positions.
- Complete field duties accurately and on time for both internal and external clients
- Assist with field data collection, data reduction and drafting
- Maintain equipment and supplies
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Pursuing a degree in Surveying, Civil Engineering Technology, Engineering, or related degree required
- Surveying coursework or experience preferred but not required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- This position may require overnight stay and out of town work which MSA would reimburse for.
- Previous experience with Auto CAD and Trimble survey equipment preferred but not required
- A desire to learn more about land surveying
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Personality & Cultural Fit:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Commitment to learning
- Respect & care for employees
- Client focused
- Independent yet collaborative
- Results oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Positive attitude
- Cooperation / teamwork
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons to work at MSA, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks.
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working towards the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Work life integration – we know your career should accommodate your life style, not the other way around
- Office summer outing, companywide competitions that benefits our community, coffee, and Friday breakfast (fuel up!), and more…
- Internal & external training opportunities
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer