Job Category: Land Surveyor
Department: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5+ years
Bloom is currently seeking a land surveyor with expert knowledge in general surveying principles. This position will present an opportunity for future promotion to a Survey Group Manager position; if that is a route you are interested in pursuing.
Assist, under the direction of Bloom leadership, in all survey tasks required for each unique project. This is dependent upon skill level and experience, but may include:
· Assist the Civil Group Manager in the preparation of proposals for new work. This may include determining the level of surveying effort required to complete a job.
· Working with existing staff to properly coordinate efforts to ensure project schedules and deliverables are being met.
· Communicating and tracking receipt of planning print and utility marking needs with Digger’s Hotline, the land owner, and other utilities or authorities impacted by the project.
· Collecting general property information, historic land use information, plats, as-builts, boring logs, and other documents required for the surveying efforts and/or to support the design efforts.
· Conducting site visits and general data collection efforts to support the design.
· Completing surveying efforts to support design or construction.
· Completing additional project documents such as field reports, existing condition reports, etc.
· Ensure quality control activities are performed for all assigned work and back check work of others.
· Stamping/Sealing survey drawings, as needed.
· Position Requirements:
· Wisconsin Registered Land Surveyor (RLS, PLS).
· 5+ years of experience.
· Knowledge of topographic and construction surveying, boundary and control surveying, ALTA/ACSM Surveys, and Right-of-Way plats.
· Knowledge of all common surveying equipment is required to complete the above tasks.
· Knowledge of Trimble GPS and Total Station Systems; or personal equipment available for use/rent by Bloom to accommodate your work efforts.
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting to complete all assigned project tasks.
· Good decision-making skills, flexibility, focus on quality and attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills
Compensation - Commensurate with experience
If you are a career oriented, highly motivated individual, interested in being part of a growing firm, we want to hear from you. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and growth opportunities. Bloom Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.