To apply for this position, click here: https://www.jobsinmadison.com
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to learn more, contact Ben Huber, email@example.com
We are recruiting for a Surveyor to join our Utility Design Team in our Waunakee office. The Surveyor position is responsible for completing both the necessary office and field work in order to research, conduct field survey, and create documents in conjunction with the Design Department. This position will require travel throughout Wisconsin and will be required to work between 40-45 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct physical site surveys using GPS and a Robotic Total Station.
- Research previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for field surveys.
- Prepare survey drawings and easement exhibits using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Coordinate with Designers on survey needs and schedules.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
- 5 year’s minimum experience completing field surveying and creating drawings in AutoCAD
- Associates degree in civil engineering or civil technology are useful, but not required.
- Ability to manage numerous tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Effective technical writing and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand DOT road plan and profiles and cross-sections is required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, including tracking and managing competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management within the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Position will work on projects primarily in the Madison and Southwest Wisconsin areas.
InterCon Construction, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan with a company match./j/60531869