CITY OF BROOKFIELD
Employment Opportunity for Department of Human Resources
PURPOSE: The Survey Supervisor performs paraprofessional level work coordinating the survey phase of public construction projects, providing technical support and training as required. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring quality survey work is completed for various City departments including, gathering and maintaining topological data for use in design, construction, and boundary surveys according to current standards.
- Researches, records, collects, computes, analyzes and edits survey data.
- Manipulates and edits survey and design data into database files.
- Computes, coordinates, and sets up design point database files for City construction projects.
- Uploads and downloads survey and design data.
- Prepares and produces various CADD drawings for City departments.
- Takes inventory and maintains City vertical and horizontal datum networks and City land corners.
- Competently operates survey instruments, including GPS, total station, data collector, theodolite, level, and a variety of hand tools. Gathers and lays out survey data, including topological and design data.
- Aids engineers in design layout of City projects by staking, measuring, and calculating projects.
- Calculates angular closure and material measurements.
- Measures horizontal and vertical field distances.
- Performs drafting work as required.
- Recommends capital equipment and software to be included in the budget.
- Directs the selection, training, supervision, evaluation, and discipline of the survey staff.
- Prepares work schedules and coordinates with other supervisors to manage project priorities.
- Provides staff training for safety practices and procedures and follows through with accident investigations.
- Develops, implements, and revises performance standards of quality and measures of productivity.
- Prepares and monitors assigned portions of the department annual budget.
- Promotes and maintains positive departmental public relations and image with customers, which include other City departments and staff, developers, and the community in general.
- Responds or refers complaints to appropriate person.
- Identifies and attempts to solve problems that develop on a project or assists staff in problem resolutions.
- Interprets information and inquiries regarding survey techniques, strategies, and technical methods.
- Maintains a daily record of all work performed, records measurements, and completes daily reports.
- Maintains field notes with calculations, entering notes into computer filing system.
- Records all angles, distances, and descriptions for each job.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
- Associate degree in Civil Engineering or Survey Technology.
- At least 2 years experience with survey and computer software programs, including CADD (Autodesk Civil 3D).
- At least 2 years experience in public works construction, preferably in the public sector.
- At least 2 years supervisory or survey crew chief experience.
- At least 4 years of survey experience, including topographic survey, construction, as-built, route, control, and land.
- Certification as a State of Wisconsin licensed Land Surveyor.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Driver's License.
Equivalent combinations of training and experience will be considered.
2022 SALARY RANGE: Salary Grade: $31.76 - $44.18 per hour with excellent benefits.
THE SELECTION PROCESS will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: training and experience evaluation; written, oral or performance tests; or other assessment methods. The Department of Human Resources reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job.
Applications will be accepted through SUNDAY, MARCH 20, 2022. This deadline may be extended to meet the needs of the City.
APPLY ONLINE through NEOGOV via the City of Brookfield’s website (www.ci.brookfield.wi.us) by first clicking on the job title and then on the "Apply" link. An email address is necessary to apply online. First-time applicants must establish an account, including creating a username and password. After an account has been established, applicants should select the "Build Job Application" link to continue the application process. Additional documents, including resumes, may be attached to the application, however the application must be completed in its entirety to be considered further. You will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
For assistance click on “HELP” or, during business hours, contact Applicant Support @ 1-855-524-5627 Option: 1 or Ann Harvancik at (262) 787-3607 in the City of Brookfield H. R. Department.
02/23/22 2022-11 THE CITY OF BROOKFIELD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY.