MSA has an opportunity for a Senior Survey Technician to join our growing surveying team. This position can be based out of the following office locations: Baraboo, WI; Beaver Dam, WI; or Madison, WI. This person will complete office (75%) and field (25%) related survey tasks to achieve project objectives. The various projects you'll be working on make a significant and positive impact on the communities you serve.
Who we are & how we help
As a full-service, 100% employee-owned consulting firm, MSA is all about creating communities that thrive. We partner with clients to solve complex and multi-faceted challenges and improve the quality of infrastructure and neighborhoods. Our focus is to provide exceptional service that builds strong communities. Above all, MSA’s purpose is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others.
Our professionals include engineers, architects, environmental scientists, funding experts, urban planners, and surveyors to name a few, and they work together to provide a full suite of professional services to our clients. From bike trails and interstate highways to drinking water and wastewater, we have supported projects from start to finish since the 1930s.
Our core values guide our daily decisions and how we inspire, encourage and support one another.
Honesty & Integrity - We tell the truth, deal fairly with staff and clients, respect our commitments, and behave in an ethical manner.
Commitment to Learning - We support the professional growth of our staff and invest significant resources in ongoing training and technology.
Respect & Care for Employees - We promote employee wellness, personal growth, and provide a safe and respectful work environment.
Openness - We build trust with all employees through an open and informative company culture.
Client Focus - We enjoy our clients, seek to understand their needs, promptly respond to concerns, and help them reach their goals.
We are collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners – we make a difference.
The work you will do
- Create right-of-way plats, survey plats and technical drawings for topographical and boundary surveys
- Perform other office functions including data reduction/computations, digital terrain modeling/surface creation
- Assist project managers in preparation of land survey documents
- CAD drafting for municipal infrastructure projects
- Assist in municipal plan preparation
- Assist in Field work including staking and surveying
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in surveying, civil engineering technology, or related degree preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Surveyor in Training (SIT), or Certified Survey Technician Level II or III (CST Level II or III) required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week required
- 4+ years of prior experience with survey plats, maps and municipal infrastructure projects required
- Previous experience with Auto Cad, Civil 3D is required
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons to work at MSA, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks:
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working toward the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Communities of Practice to share information and provide mentoring opportunities
- Work-life integration – we support a healthy work-life balance, with flexibility to help you meet your obligations
- Internal and external training opportunities
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid-by-company life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Employee ownership – MSA is 100% employee owned! The ESOP model provides employees with ownership benefits and the opportunity to have your voice heard.
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer