The Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC), the regional planning agency for the seven county greater Milwaukee Area has an immediate opening for a Land Survey Assistant. The successful candidate will assist land surveyors in the recovery, perpetuation, monumenting, and referencing of U.S. Public Land Survey corners, high accuracy GPS services, and other related surveying activities.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- · Use of survey equipment and instrumentation
- · Physically capable of carrying tools and instrumentation over difficult terrain and working outdoors in varying weather conditions
- · Perform survey tasks as directed by land surveyors
- · Preparation of maps and drawings from survey field data
The ideal candidate should have most of all of the following:
- · An understanding of GPS technologies and CADD based software
- · The ability to work in a team environment with good communication skills
- · Possess an interest in GIS and remote sensing technologies
- · An understanding of geospatial concepts and geodetic surveying is desired.
A High School Diploma and one year of land surveying or related experience or an Associate Degree from an accredited college is required. Candidates should possess knowledge of land surveying, including equipment, practices, and procedures. A valid driver’s license is required.
Salary range is $40,000 to $55,000, depending upon experience. The Commission offers a very comprehensive benefit package.
Please submit resume and cover letter by April 21, 2023 to:
Ms. Elizabeth A. Larsen, Director of Administration
Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
PO Box 1607
Waukesha, WI 53187-1607