Geospatial @ Ayres Associates
Nationally recognized for our aerial mapping, land surveying, and GIS services, Ayres has served as an important fixture in the geospatial industry for over 50 years. With a national team of professionals specializing in aerial lidar and imagery, ground-based mapping technology, specialized unmanned aerial systems (UAS), and a wide range of land survey practices our turnkey process deliver exceptional value.
Note: There is only one position available with the option of multiple office locations based on preference.
Finding the right fit:
We’re seeking a Vice President of Geospatial who has an entrepreneurial spirit, and a visionary mindset; one that will lead strategic approach and further growth for the division. Your effective interactions across the multi-disciplined company, proven relationships with external clients, and the ability to lead will gain you a seat at the table where you’ll play an integral role on our company’s leadership team.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Promote and enhance the firm’s vision, core values, culture, and long-range plans.
- Ensure the divisional structure is efficient and appropriate for the services offered both to external clients and to other divisions within the company.
- Develop an annual strategic business plan for the geospatial division with emphasis on growth, implementation of progressing technologies, financial planning, capital purchases, marketing, and training initiatives.
- Pursue opportunities for business development in geospatial including client contact, marketing initiatives, and monitoring client and partner satisfaction.
- Work with your peers on the Ayres leadership team in other divisions and groups to accomplish companywide goals.
- Act as an Ayres Associates ambassador in the community.
- Actively engage in local, statewide, and/or national professional organizations.
- Foster an environment that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership.
- Support and spend time with staff members at multiple office locations.
- Understand and adhere to corporate policies/procedures while preparing and overseeing quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Build and maintain respectful working relationships with fellow management and leadership that allow you to engage in decision making.
- Prepare, negotiate, and approve contract documents, including scope of work, project schedule, and fee estimates provided by group project managers.
- Oversee the division, ensuring that the work is produced on schedule, profitably, and in conformance with quality standards of the firm and the requirements of the contract.
- A degree in geography, cartography, remote sensing, land surveying, or other related discipline.
- A minimum of 15 years of combined experience in the following:
- Managing a business unit with proven growth in the geospatial marketplace
- Providing solutions for the geospatial, engineering, and architectural industries
- Willingness to travel to any company location on a regular basis.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to grow the division geographically through expansion of existing service lines or addition of new service lines.
Proven success in meeting goals and objectives of annual business plans and budget, including revenue and profitability, staffing, workload backlog, billing, accounts receivable, ROI on capital purchases, and image development.
- A desire to build the Ayres Associates brand at professional meetings/conferences locally, statewide, and potentially nationally.
- Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities to others to handle multiple priorities.
- A well-established existing network of contacts in the geospatial/engineering/architectural industries.
- An ability to think outside the box to generate creative ideas for capturing new clients and market share.
- An MBA or registered professional in survey, or technical sciences preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, a client service focus as well as business development and marketing experience.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Last modified: 14 Oct 2021 9:36 AM | Deleted user