MSA has an opportunity for a full time Entry Level CAD Technician/Design-Drafter at our Rhinelander, WI office. You will have the opportunity to see, and contribute in, projects from start to finish. The various projects you'll be working on make a significant and positive impact on the communities you serve. This person will work on a wide variety of projects including streets, drainage and storm sewers, wastewater and water utilities, site and grading improvements. Our CAD Technicians are responsible for revising existing drawings, preparing drawings of basic components from explicit verbal or written instructions or detailed sketches and will evolve to include design and layout of facilities. This position successfully plots drawings; learns and follows company and client drafting standards and procedures; learns the practices of a selected discipline.
Who we are & how we help
As a full service, 100% employee-owned consulting firm, MSA is all about creating communities that thrive. We partner with clients to solve complex and multi-faceted challenges and improve the quality of infrastructure and neighborhoods. Our focus is to provide exceptional service that builds strong communities. Above all, MSA’s purpose is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others.
Our engineering professionals work alongside our architects, environmental scientists, funding experts, urban planners and surveyors to provide a full suite of professional services to our clients. From bike trails and interstate highways to drinking water and wastewater, we have supported municipal and private projects from start to finish since the 1930s.
We are collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners-we make a difference.
The work you will do
- Utilize primarily AutoCAD C3D CAD software to perform detailed drafting and design of civil and municipal projects including plan preparation
- Work on a Team to develop and QA Civil Engineering Plan Sets
- Work primarily in an office setting, with a CAD Workstation.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and keep project schedules
- Work with a mentor on CAD training and additional skills
- Miscellaneous office and technology tasks as necessary
- Managing individual and Team library of CAD design details
- Desire to join and assist with Company CAD standards as part of our CAD Steering Committee
- Stay current on latest CAD technology and trends
What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology or related degree required
- Prior CAD drafting experience required
- Candidates with additional experience are encouraged to apply
- Prior experience with CAD Surface Modeling preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D required
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a consulting environment on a Team setting
Personality & Cultural Fit:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Commitment to learning
- Respect & care for employees
- Client focused
- Independent yet collaborative
- Results oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Positive attitude
- Cooperation / teamwork
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons to work at MSA, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks.
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working towards the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Work life integration – we know your career should accommodate your life style, not the other way around
- Office summer outing, companywide competitions that benefits our community, coffee, and Friday breakfast (fuel up!), and more…
- Internal & external training opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits.
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 17 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid by company life insurance, long term disability and short term disability
- ESOP that gives employees beneficial ownership stake in the company (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer