updated: 19 December 2018
- Promote scholarships with notices to eligible schools.
- Prepares notices to announce the scholarship program and application forms.
- Review applications and select the winners in time for publication in the December issue of the Wisconsin Professional Surveyor.
- Promotes a paper writing contest, to include a notice in the March and June issues of the Wisconsin Professional Surveyor.
- Continue exploring the possibility of a four year degree program in surveying in Wisconsin, Until that happens, it supports and encourages the continuation of a four year degree program at neighboring state schools.
- Distribute the film, Professional Land Surveying: A Career Without Boundaries.
- Prepare a brief for publication about the pro’s and con’s of a four year degree and continue exploring an in State 2+2 surveying degree between the vocational schools and University System.
- Meet with the CST Program Committee to discuss CST as an evaluation tool for future employment and pro’s and con’s of a certificate needed for employment.
- Investigate private online education opportunities and its presence on the WSLS website.
- Use the WSLS Website to promote the committee and the value to the members of the WSLS.
- Appoint an Education Committee member to liase with the Foundation to assist with communication on scholarship matters.
1870 Paddock Place
Oregon, WI 53575
(C) (608) 338-6850
The Committee's next meeting will be in person and by teleconference on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
WSLS Foundation is offering a "1st Year Scholarship" to survey students for the amount of $1500. This year, the Foundation will be honoring Mark Teuteberg by naming the “1st Year Scholarship” after him. He is a member of the Northeast Chapter and has served as the Oconto County Surveyor. “Mark has always shown leadership in efforts pertaining to land surveying and its involvement with Wisconsin land information and land records modernization” (by Emily Pierce in the Wisconsin Professional Surveyor, in the June 2016 President’s Message). This scholarship will be awarded at the Summer Meeting at the Radisson Hotel in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Saturday, July 29th, 2017.
The Education Committee is now accepting applications for the "1st Year Scholarship". Description, qualifications, and application process are detailed on the First Year Scholarship page.
Scholarship Recipient History