updated: 19 September 2019
WSLS Foundation, Seiler, Leica, and Berntsen International are offering "WSLS Institute Scholarships" to qualifying students in varying amounts of up to $2500. The 2019 scholarships will be awarded at the Annual Surveyors Institute at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin on Saturday, January 24th, 2020.
The Education Committee is currently accepting applications for "WSLS Institute Scholarships". Description, qualifications, and application process are detailed on the Scholarship page.
New this year, applications will be submitted online. Applications can be found here.
Scholarship Recipient History
- Promote scholarships with notices to eligible schools.
- Prepares notices to announce the scholarship program and application forms.
- Review applications and select the winners in time for publication in the December issue of the Wisconsin Professional Surveyor.
- Promotes a paper writing contest, to include a notice in the March and June issues of the Wisconsin Professional Surveyor.
- Continue exploring the possibility of a four year degree program in surveying in Wisconsin, Until that happens, it supports and encourages the continuation of a four year degree program at neighboring state schools.
- Distribute the film, Professional Land Surveying: A Career Without Boundaries.
- Prepare a brief for publication about the pro’s and con’s of a four year degree and continue exploring an in State 2+2 surveying degree between the vocational schools and University System.
- Meet with the CST Program Committee to discuss CST as an evaluation tool for future employment and pro’s and con’s of a certificate needed for employment.
- Investigate private online education opportunities and its presence on the WSLS website.
- Use the WSLS Website to promote the committee and the value to the members of the WSLS.
- Appoint an Education Committee member to liase with the Foundation to assist with communication on scholarship matters.
1870 Paddock Place
Oregon, WI 53575
(C) (608) 338-6850
The Committee's next meeting will be in person and by teleconference on Wednesday, November 13th, 2019 at 6:00 PM.