WSLS Annual Institute Scholarship
Since 1968, the Wisconsin Society of Land Surveyors (WSLS) has provided land surveying students financial assistance in the form of scholarships. The awards have grown from a handful of $2500 scholarships to this year's eight scholarships totaling about $19,500 with funds contributed by the WSLS Foundation, Berntsen International, Seiler Instrument, and Leica Geosystems.
Scholarships ($2,500 each) will be awarded at the 74rd Annual Surveyors Institute will be held January 25th thru 27th, 2023 at the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Berntsen International, Seiler Instrument, and Leica Geosystems will each award one scholarship, the WSLS Foundation will award five scholarships. The WSLS Foundation scholarships will be presented in honor of Society members in recognition of their contributions to WSLS and the surveying profession.
To be eligible a student must be either:
1. Enrolled in and attending one of Wisconsin’s colleges, or a Wisconsin resident attending an out-of-state college, that meets the requirements of Wis. Admin. Code A-E 6.04 by offering a Land Surveying or Civil Engineering Program.
2. A Wisconsin resident attending an out-of-state school in a Bachelor of Science Surveying (Geospatial Engineering, Surveying Engineering) program, having completed at least one year and enrolled in the 2nd year or later of that program.
All application material must be submitted digitally.
To apply for a scholarship, follow these steps:
1. You will need to complete a scholarship application form located at the “Apply Here” link below. You must sign in with an active Google Account to complete this form.
2. Request a Letter of Recommendation from one of your program instructors; a second letter may also be submitted. Ask that the letter(s) be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted . You will provide the author's name and contact information on the Submission Form. Be sure the authors agree to write you letters before submitting their names. A confirmation letter will be sent to you at the address you provide in the application when a letter is received. IT IS THE APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY LETTER AUTORS IN A TIMELY MANNER AND TO ENSURE THAT THE LETTER HAS BEEN DELIVERED BY THE AUTHOR
3. Obtain a digital version of an official transcript from your current school. A transcript available only in printed form must be scanned. Be sure to request the transcript early to ensure it arrives before the application deadline. If only an unofficial transcript is available, it may be sent instead but must be clearly marked Unofficial Transcript. Name the transcript file: your name-transcript
4. Application material must be submitted using the form. You will attach files from steps (1) & (3) and provide contact information for your Letter of Recommendation authors in step (2).
5. Selection Process, the Education Committee will select Scholarship Recipients based on academics, financial need, references, content of question answers, and involvement in professional and student organizations. These will be submitted as recommendations to the funding entities who will have final approval. All application materials must be received by October 31st. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com .