Position Description – Survey Office Technician I
As part of our Surveying Team, you will assist by providing support and assistance in the office and the possibility of some field work for various surveying projects including transportation, land/site development, land divisions, and other types of surveys. Duties will include drafting, research, and overall assistance to the project leaders. This position offers tremendous growth opportunities and will require a basic knowledge of drafting. A successful candidate will need to have a background in or a desire to learn about the following areas:
- Plan/drawing preparation
- Autocad Civil3D proficiency is desired, but we will train the right candidate
- Record research and database maintenance
This position will require collaboration with our Team to maintain project timelines, budgets, and Client expectations.
- Valid driving license and driving record acceptable to our Company insurance provider
- Initiative, self-motivation, and a desire to be challenged
- Ability to adapt and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Independent worker and ability to work within a diversified project team of professionals
- Ability to communicate with a Project Leader
- Ability to keep clear and concise project records and files
In exchange for your talents, Batterman offers competitive compensation including base salary, a generous benefits package, including health/dental and vision insurance, L/S Disability insurance, company matching retirement, and paid time off. We are committed to using our industry's latest technology and equipment. We offer a comfortable office environment and can provide successful candidates with opportunities for advancement.
We are proudly located in Rock and Walworth Counties, Wisconsin, with offices in Beloit, Janesville, and Elkhorn. Our strategic plan is to continue our Beloit/Janesville presence and to respond to increasing demand in Walworth County at our Elkhorn office. We offer Civil, Municipal, Transportation, and Land Surveying services to public and private sector clients throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. We are committed to investing in our employees and we provide a challenging and rewarding environment where you can grow both personally and professionally.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Frank Mckearn P.E.
R.H. Batterman and Co, Inc.