R.H. Batterman and Co., Inc. (Batterman) is adding to our Land Surveying Team due to company growth and the implementation of our company strategic plan. We are an established multi-discipline firm with a successful and long history as a Civil Engineering and Survey Profession leader. Over the past 105 years, our firm of 40 employees has not encountered many turnovers, other than through planned retirements. Due to increasing project workloads, and planned Company growth, Batterman has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. We understand the best way to continue providing excellent service to our clients is to hire talented, technically competent, motivated employees ready to continue the long Batterman tradition of being committed to our employees and community.
Position Description – Crew Chief/Survey Field Technician
As part of our Surveying Team, you will provide a wide variety of field data collection and staking activities, prepare survey drawings, and work directly with Staff and Clients. As a Crew Chief/Survey Technician your duties will include:
- Gathering and collecting field data efficiently and accurately
- Documenting daily activities with good field notes and sketches via a daily survey report
- Communicating with the client and Project Manager any changes or questions to the project
- Follow company procedures in the safety manual and use all personal safety equipment including adherence to other company’s job site-specific safety rules
- Uploading and downloading data to and from Civil3D
- Drafting of fieldwork and data collected
- Records Research
A successful candidate will need to have a background in and a desire to learn more about the following areas:
- Initiative, self-motivation, and a desire to be challenged
- Flexible with the ability to adapt quickly and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Independent worker and ability to work within a diversified project team of professionals
- Ability to communicate with a Project Leader
- Ability to keep clear and concise project records and files
- Previous experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Trimble Equipment
- Valid driving license and driving record acceptable to our company insurance provider
- 3-5 years of Survey Experience
- PLS or Certified Survey Technician would be preferred
In exchange for your talents, Batterman offers competitive compensation including base salary, a generous benefits package, health/dental and vision insurance, L/S Disability insurance, company-matching retirement, and paid time off. We are committed to using our industry's latest technology and equipment. We offer a comfortable office environment and can provide successful candidates with opportunities for advancement.
We are proudly located in Rock and Walworth Counties, Wisconsin, with offices in Beloit, Janesville, and Elkhorn. Our strategic plan is to continue our Beloit/Janesville presence and to respond to increasing demand in Walworth County at our Elkhorn office. We offer Civil, Municipal, Transportation, and Land Surveying services to public and private sector clients throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. We are committed to investing in our employees and we provide a challenging and rewarding environment where you can grow both personally and professionally.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Frank Mckearn P.E.
R.H. Batterman and Co, Inc.